Friday 11 January 2013

Dog Training for Funds

We have been so blessed by the help we have received for the purchase of Jedi and Griffin.  We have been amazed at the support we have been shown by local and not-so-local friends and family.  As you know, the cost of raising two service dogs in training is quite high and we would like to fundraise some more money to help pay for their next set of shots, Jedi's spay that will be done in June or July, and Griffin's neuter that will be done in September sometime. I have added a new "Chip-In" button along the right side of this page for people interested in helping out.

I have had a great deal of interest in my dog training abilities so I have decided to offer my dog training skills to local families for a reduced rate of $25 per hour visit.  As a student of Animal Behaviour College I have the skills to help in all different situations.  What I would like to do is book some sessions with local people and put the money into a seperate account for Jedi and Griffin needs.

We have had a great deal of difficult medical problems over the holidays and even though it's not good news to have these problems, there is a silver lining.  We did find out that Griffin has the ability to detect seizures before they happen.  As mentioned before, we were waiting to go to emergency and Asia starting telling me that Griffin was sniffing around her and whining.  I looked up to see what was going on and then Asia had a seizure.  The seizure was no fun but the joy I felt when I realized that we had chosen the right dog for Asia was overwhelming. I am confident that Jedi has the same abilities since we have seen nothing but gentle compassion from her towards Sienna.  She likes to stay near Sienna when Sienna isn't feeling well.  Watching these puppies grow and learn is such a joy!

If you are interested in booking my dog training services and you are located in the Kingston, ON area please email me at samantha@4pawsacademy.ca.  I am only booking weekend in-home classes at this time because I work long hours during the week.  100% of the $25 per session goes to Griffin and Jedi.  Thank you for your support.

Have a tail-wagging weekend!
Samantha

No comments:

Post a Comment