Saturday 2 March 2013

Happy 16th Birthday Asia

I can't believe that Asia is 16!  It's almost unbelievable!  16 years ago I was introduced to seizures, hospitals, and doctors.  I think I learned more in the first few years of Asia's life than I ever did.  I watched my daughter in a coma, I watched her struggle to breath, I watched her breathing slow and her little body seize.  I also witnessed nursing grabbing my sweet baby out of my arms and running, full speed, down the hall to ICU.  I've seen the tonic clonic seizures, the complex partial seizures, the absent seizures, you name it, I've seen it probably 1000 times over.  16 years ago was The Beginning.  The beginning of my life as it is now.

As we celebrate Asia today I can't imagine my life any different.  Yes, the seizures are no fun, but without them I wouldn't have gotten into training dogs.  Without these seizures I would never have met some special mamas, Jennifer and Allison.  The bad brought the good.  Here I am, 16 years later celebrating Asia's 16th.  16 years ago we said goodbye to our baby, since the doctors were sure she wasn't going to make it through the night.  Here she is..beating all odds.  Way to go Asia.  Happy 16th Birthday beautiful girl.  Enjoy your new camera.  Show the world your life through that lens.  Show the world your strength and fighting power.  Most of all, never give up.  You are stronger than those seizures and migraines.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment