Friday 3 May 2013

Feeling Defeated

Recently, in the news we have heard a lot about parents of special needs children having trouble coping and finding help.  Here in Canada a brave mother had to drop her autistic son off at the Canadian Government offices.  She could no longer cope. My heart hurts for that family.  I wish there was more that could be done for families who are in crisis.
 
While we are by no means dropping our kids off anywhere, I have to say that I am feeling quite defeated right now.  Our crisis started last Wednesday when both girls seized at the same time.  I was on my own with Sienna, Asia, my baby Saige, and Jedi.  It's hard enough having them both seize at the same time, but in public all on my own... that is never fun.


Our week has been full of seizures for both girls.  Asthma emergencies for Asia and the stress has made me get mastitis for the first time in 18 years. Asia's nebulizer treatments are every 4 hours around the clock so I am not sleeping much. I had to close my daycare on Monday but have stayed open for the rest of the week.  You see, parents of special needs children can't take time off for long.  We have more bills than the average family...medical bills, therapy bills, dog training bills, etc.  I wish that there was more that could be done for families like ours.  There isn't so we all learn to juggle.

 I have this "May the 4th Be With You" auction that is supposed to start tomorrow but I just can't manage taking the pictures and posting them at this time.  I have the items and the auction will be running, but it will not be starting on time.  I am sorry about this. I just can't take on one more thing right now. I hope to get the auction up and running asap because I really need to raise the funds for Jedi's spay.  She isn't being spayed until mid June so I still have lots of time.  Thank you for understanding.  We are in a crisis here and informing all of you with one blog post is easier than texting everyone individually.

I am hoping for a restful weekend free of seizures, free of dystonia, free of migraines, and full of deep painless breaths of air for Asia.

I will let everyone know when I get the auction started.  Thank you for understanding.

Samantha

1 comment:

  1. Sending you love, Mama. My heart hurts for you because I know exactly what you're enduring right now. I love you. May your weekend be full of rest and comfort and peace.

    ReplyDelete