Saturday 10 November 2012

Thank You Doesn't Seem Like Enough...

I am at a loss for words.  I am sitting here still trying to figure out how in the world I can thank everyone who participated in our fundraiser last night.  It was amazing! I have no idea what we made with the fundraiser but I do have to say I am at a loss for words right now.  Not only did my friends show up but so many new faces came too.  I made new friends, my kids made new friends, and River even made a new canine friend.  I had strangers hugging me and petting River.  It was just so wonderful to have so much support.

I want to thank each and every person who showed up last night.  It means the world to me to know that so many people believe in my abilities to train service dogs.  I was given all kinds of encouragement, many many hugs, and strangers walked in off the street and handed me checks and cash.  It was unbelievable.  Thank you to each and everyone of you!  With just the money that was handed to me last night I will be paying the breeder our balance for Jedi today!  Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
A special thank you to the staff at The Playtrium for helping us do this.  They were so kind and helpful and excited for us.  I was told that they were 4x busier than usual so this is great news for us and great news for them.

It is truly amazing how many people were touched by the newspaper articles and came to show support.  Thank you to Kingston This Week, The Whig Standard, and Snap for helping to spread the word about our fundraiser.  I am hoping that as our journey continues that people follow our blog and watch as the pups are trained.  I am excited to have people meet these wonderful puppies and get them both started on their training.
  
Through all of this I am most excited about the new friends I have made.  Our breeder Carol is like family to us and before this journey we didn't even know her.  What a blessing!  Other dog trainers have reached out and have shown so much support and caring as well.  Thank you Elizabeth for your words of wisdom.  

So, as you can see, it's really hard to find the right words to thank everyone.  Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough.  You have all helped us buy the pups and you have also given us so much more confidence just by caring.  We are so very excited that the puppies will be coming home on Thursday.  They will be coming home with the breeder paid in full thanks to all of you who have helped.

Most importantly, Sienna had a terrific time.  She was full of incredible energy and her respite worker, Cassie got a great work-out running after her all night.  The smiles on Sienna's face were full of sunshine!  A HUGE thank you to Cassie for keeping Sienna safe while I talked to people.  You really do have wings my friend and you are incredible at your job.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment