Monday 31 December 2012

Happy New Year Update

I am happy to see the end of the year!  It wasn't a horrible year by any means, it's just that I am looking SO forward to what 2013 is going to bring on.  To start things off, Asia is finally feeling better.  Once the swelling in her brain went down so did her dizziness.  She is slowly getting back to herself but will need a little work catching back up to where she was in homeschool.
 
I am happy to say that we will be starting off 2013 with good health.  The kids have won their battle against the cold and flu bugs that they had and there have been no more seizures! That's worth celebrating!

2013 is the year of learning for Griffin and Jedi.  They have had a great start already but now that they are 14 weeks old they will be doing regular training exercises.  The first part of their training has been getting them introduced to our home and routines.  They have bonded with each person in the family and get along with everyone, including the cats.  
They know what is expected of them and what is not allowed.  They are both very smart and this is why I need to make sure I keep them on track.  Both have a bad habit.  Griffin can get up on the kitchen table.  I have had to move the fruit bowl so this clown will stay out of the fruit.  He's like a toddler, taking one bite of each apple. Grrrr.  Jedi can open baby gates.  I have no idea how she does it but she can.  I hear the gate open and then I hear her big feet climbing up the stairs.  She always comes right to me, perhaps wanting some praise for being so smart.  Both dogs have learned how to hold the bottom piece of toilet paper just right and then run, unrolling the entire roll of paper.  Oh the fun these two clowns bring!  The toilet paper in our main floor bathroom is hidden now.  If you come for a visit and promise not to tell the pups where it is, I'll tell you where it is hidden. 

We recently found a local supplier for training treats.  Wheat-free treats and dehydrated liver treats.  I am looking forward to working with this company and supporting local businesses.  Jedi, River, and Griffin will get to sample the treats tomorrow...New Years Day.  What a perfect way to start the year from a dog's point of view! 

Happy New Year to all of our readers!  We hope that you will visit us often in 2013.  This is the year of awesomeness! The year I will graduate from Animal Behavior College, the year Griffin and Jedi will become full service dogs, and the year of awesome change! Many Blessings and good health to all of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment