Tuesday 18 December 2012

Update Time!

The pups have grown!  I can't believe how big they have gotten since last week.  Their abilities continue to grow and I am ready to start challenging them even more.  I have taken 12 days off work so I can focus on the training and really challenge these little  big pups.
Both puppies enjoy their walks and are being to trained to sit at each curb and cross the street only on command.  They sit and get their feet wiped after their walk and we are working hard with all obedience commands now.  I plan on setting up some mazes to help their problem solving skills.  This will start with the weave poles and tunnels.  Just like children, the brain develops very quickly in the first years and I want to give these two the very best start they can have.  So far, no challenge I have given has defeated them.  They are smart and problem solve so well.
I was in our favourite store the other day (Urban Paws, Kingston) and noticed that they are now selling dog puzzles/games.  They are whimsical little wooden problem solving games for dogs that encourage brain development and problem solving.  I am going to buy a couple of these games sometime in the New Year to help encourage these little munchkins even more.  Both dogs thrive on a good strong schedule, lots of interactive toys, and a load of love.  
 Have a wonderful Holiday Season full of lots of loving family, yummy treats, and wet kisses.

Samantha and Brian




No comments:

Post a Comment